Meet Our Newest Designer Alicia!

If you ask me what is one of the most stressful parts about running my business, it would be finding talented, hard working staff with a can do attitude. Honestly, we have been searching for someone for more than 2 years and then along comes Alicia who not only is the best fit but goes above and beyond what we could have hoped for. 
MMF: Alicia, we're so happy to have you join us at Monday Morning Flowers (MMF). Tell us how you became interested in the flower business!
Alicia: My career started as a cashier at a local supermarket but the floral manager asked me to help out in that department one Mother's Day and the rest is history. That was 3 years ago. 

MMF: What have you been doing to further your design skills?
Alicia:  I'm currently attending Buck's County Community College and taking classes in their AIFD (American Institute of Floral Design) Floral Design Certification Program. I've already taken basic and intermediate design classes along with advance level in sympathy and funeral design. Next week I start advanced wedding design. 

MMF: What do you like best about working at MMF?
Alicia: I love the variety of my job. No two days are the same and I'm certainly never bored. I've learned more in 3 months at MMF than I did in my years at the Supermarket. I'm finding that learning on the job is much quicker than taking classes. I'm glad I'm doing it but working at MMF has allowed me to accelerate my skills quickly. 

MMF: What's your favorite part about being a floral designer?
Alicia: I always knew I would do something with my hands and creating something of beauty out of a few stems of flowers really makes me happy. I also love seeing how flowers affect people. Let's face it, flowers are colorful, pretty and they smell good. Who wouldn't want to work with them?

MMF: You seem to love taking pictures of your work and posting them on Social Media. Why do you do it? 
Alicia: I love sharing pictures of my work so that family members can see what I create. My dad doesn't live near by so it's fun to see his reaction to my designs.  I also love when other "Professional Florists" like my work, follow me or comment. I like the thought of being able to inspire others so having these high level designers like my work is extremely validating. 

MMF: What do you like to do in your spare time? You have mentioned having a "green house" at home. Tell us about that!
Alicia: I don't have a lot of spare time but when I do, I love hanging out with my Fiance Erik and my best friends. I also love play XBOX. During the summer I garden and this year  planted Sunflowers that are taller than me right now. I also have an indoor Atrium. I currently have baby strawberries growing in there. I also love succulents, hybiscus and I have a Sundew Plant that I've named Salizar. He is a carnivorous plants and if I'm not careful, he burns my skin but I still love him! He eats all the flies too!
Our lead Designer Alanna has really done a great job getting Alicia up to speed on everything she needs to know to be successful at Monday Morning Flowers.  To see more of what's happening at the flower shop, feel free to visit our social media sites on Facebook and Instagram! Thanks for reading!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Flower Puppy

All of Your Prom Corsage and Boutonniere Questions- Answered!

What is a Grave Blanket?