Only Likes One Flower?

I over heard someone the other day that said his girlfriend only loves one flower. I don't even remember what flowers it was he said she likes, my brain was stuck on the "only 1 flower" part. How can that be? I know I'm a florist but I think it's pretty universal at this point that all human beings love flowers. That being around flowers makes us happy. Can it be that someone can only "like" one flower? I think it's impossible. To prove my point I'm going to share a few photos of flowers that I took last year at Longwood Gardens, one of my favorite places in the whole wide world!!

Starting with my favorite ~ roses; love, love, love these. Too common? For shame they are stunning in every color they come in.
Camellia ~ I don't often see these and they were new to Longwood last year but wow, they were gorgeous!  
Asiatic Lilies ~ so vibrant and showy, these made an amazing display in the greenhouse. As florists, we love working with these beauties.  
Orchids ~ I don't profess to know all there is to know about orchids but I love them. The orchid section at Longwood is my second favorite place. It could stay in there all day!  
Yup, another orchid!  
And one more. These always look like a happy, smiling face to me.  
Cyclamen ~ such pretty plants and flowers and I admit that I have no luck keeping them alive but I do love them.  
Statice ~ I loved that Longwood had row upon row of this pretty flower, in unique color too. We do sometimes use this in yellow but we are more likely to get purple statice than this pretty shade.  
Carnation ~ yes this is a lowly carnation. It's gorgeous and nothing boring here so if you don't like carnations, you really should step out and see all the new bi-color varieties there are out there.  
Hibiscus ~ Not a cut flower but a lovely plant. These lovelies share room at  Longwood with the roses. This bloom was the size of my face! Don't you just love the color? 
Anthurium ~ I love these heart shaped flowers. They are tropical blooms and are long lasting so we love using them in the flower shop. 
Delphinium ~ I love the color blue and these are one of my favorites. Blue always makes me feel calm and happy and this display just has me smiling - even a year later.  

Ok, there you have it, some of my favorite flowers through the amazing gardens of Longwood but can you honestly say that any person could feel that they only like one flower? 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Flower Puppy

What is a Grave Blanket?

All of Your Prom Corsage and Boutonniere Questions- Answered!