A bit tongue in cheek but truly, if you want to get on the wrong side of your local florist; these will do it!
- Are your flowers fresh? Believe it or not, most retail florists get fresh flowers into their shops (like we do) at least 4 to 5 days a week. Yes, our flowers are fresh.
- Do you sell flowers? We get this all the time. Our signage says we are a florist, we have the word Flower in our company name and folks still walk past our 9'X12' refrigerator and past many buckets of fresh flowers and ask this question. That's like asking a restaurant if they sell food. The answer is YES! That's what we do!
- Can you make me a pretty arrangement? No, we specialize in ugly arrangements!! Just kidding but we think all flowers are pretty, a better description of what you might want the flowers to look like is better than asking this question. What is ugly to you might be stunning to another person; beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Being a bit clear about your expectations usually will result in a better flower buying experience.
- You charge for delivery, why? We charge because it's not built into our flower pricing. For us, it costs at least $9 every time a driver loads up a floral delivery. Our gas bill is over $2,500 every month, we employee 5 drivers and have 5 delivery vans to maintain and insure. Yes, we charge delivery and with a little luck we have a little profit at the end of the year to allow us to buy a new delivery van when needed!
- That arrangement looks like it was made in a Supermarket! The Grandfather of all insults to a floral designer but honestly, there are some awesome Supermarket flower departments out there. Why insult a whole category of employees. Really, if you don't like the arrangement or it isn't big enough for you, just say so.
Last but not least, my personal favorite.
- I'd like to send flowers to a friend. You are not going to sell me those dead flowers are you? Yikes, last time I checked we don't purposefully try to sell dead flowers, even when you want to send an "over the hill" gift to your X!
Most florists, as we do, try to sell fresh flowers, artfully designed that will last as long as the typical vase life for each variety of flowers. It's a much harder job than most people think and the next time you want to get on the right side of your favorite local florist, you may want to avoid the above comments and questions.
If after reading this you want to try out our awesome service, our amazing designs, our fast delivery and our ultra fresh flowers we can be reached at 609.520.2005 or you can shop us online at www.sendingsmiles.com