Ever wonder what it's like to work in a flower shop during Mother's Day Week? You might be surprised to know that this holiday is larger than any other floral holiday, including Valentine's Day. At our shop it becomes a fun filled (yes, we do have fun), mad dash of assisting customers with their floral buying decisions, flower processing, floral designing and then the last ~ delivery.
Here are a few fun things you might not know about the holiday:
- Our staff blossoms from 20 to almost 30 during the week of Mother's Day
- It takes 14 drivers to get all the deliveries done
- We rent at least 6 additional vans/trucks for the holiday
- Over 800 deliveries will be made in a few short days
- Our average amount our customers spend on this holiday is $77 and the customer that has spent the most on his Mother this year has purchased a $350 floral design
- We will sell over 3,000 roses and 2,000 carnations during Mother's Day
- Next to roses, the next most popular flowers for the holiday are gerbera daisies, lilies and tulips
- The week of the holiday, our walk in sales triple
- We will sell over 200 mylar balloons that say Happy Mother's Day
- Our delivery area serves over 70 zip codes
- This week we will use over 400 "greens bouquets" which are made for us at the farm to help production go further.
- This year we are providing decorations for 2 luncheons and 2 dinners for the Tri-Centennial of the Descendants of the American Revolution at historic Morven ~ each with 40 tables of decor.
- Every holiday we feed the staff on the last 3 days of the holiday!
- About 30% of our orders going out this week are for Non-Mother's Day orders such as Birthdays, Get Well and Sympathy Designs.
There you have it, a little insight into the week of a major floral holiday. Remember Mom and Remember Moms love flowers! You can shop us online at www.sendingsmiles.com