Cooking and Staying at Home

 I just asked my husband to give me inspiration for a blog post and his response was "Why not talk about your love of cooking and wine"? Ah, I knew there was a reason I married that man. In case you don't know, I love being home, I love cooking and I'm fond of drinking local wine. I don't have much time too cook, most nights Kevin and I get home about 7:30  or 8:00 pm so no long, drawn out cooking times for me, it's gotta be fast, it's gotta be good and it's got to be healthy. In the summer we BBQ as much as possible, like the plate above - fresh bread with olive oil for dipping, veggies and steaks on the grill - all in about 20 minutes. Add a glass (or 2 if it's not an early day at the shop the next day) of local wine, like this Blueberry wine from Princeton's Terhune Orchards and the night is perfect. Sit in front of the tube and watch the TV Food Network (I know, it's a bit redundant at that point but we love it anyway, especially Guy) to enjoy our meal.

Then it's time to clean up the kitchen, do a few things around the house and then crack out our Nooks to catch up on our favorite novels (romance for me) and the Wall Street Journal, for Kevin. I admit that while I read, my Nook alerts me to folks mentioning or talking to me on Twitter and so I respond, even when I can't sleep and am up past midnight. Social Media is a bit extreme with me but so be it. Sometimes I turn the Nook to a few Pandora tunes (my latest crush is on some Country stuff - Lee Brice, Josh Turner and Luke Bryan) and then off to dream land to be fresh and ready for another day at the flower shop. :)

There you have it, a little bit more personal than my usual blog posts - but hey, it was the hubbies idea and I love to keep him happy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Flower Puppy

All of Your Prom Corsage and Boutonniere Questions- Answered!

What is a Grave Blanket?