www.perfectweddingflowers.com you might have seen that we have an informal wedding survey. It's been great fun watching the results come in and at this time I felt I had a enough to share. These were all taken by bride who remained anonymous and were all beginning their search for a wedding florist. A few of the stats I found very interesting.
- 10% of brides were not enjoying their wedding planning experience and only 30% were loving every minute of it. A full 60% were somewhere in between.
- 60% of brides found my company through a venue who referred us compared to only 20% finding us through an online directory such as Wedding Wire or the Knot.
- 80% said they were hiring a florist to create all their wedding day flowers and 40% said they wanted to create some of their own wedding day decor.
- 40% of brides had budgeted between $500 and $1,500 for their flowers and 20% had budgeted between $1,501 and $4,000 with another 10% saying that they were not worried about budget and the sky was the limit. 20% budgeted less than $500.
- When asked how important their reception wedding flowers were to them the average score was a 3 out of 5. When asked how important the personal flowers are to their wedding the score was 3.7. When asked about the church decor being important, the score was 2.8.
- When asked about the color of the their own bridal bouquet a full 70% said they intended to have color and not just creams and whites.
- When asked for their flowers they wanted to use in their wedding, 40% said roses, 30% said orchids, 20% said gerber daisies, 20% said calla lilies, 20% said carnations and 70% of the brides said that for the most part they feel like they don't know flowers that well and so are open to suggestions to create their wedding day flower combinations.
- When asked for the overall feel for their wedding flowers (and they were allowed to choose more than one), a whopping 90% said they like simple but elegant. 40% said casual and relaxed, 40% said soft and romantic, 20% said colorful and vibrant, 20% trendy and contemporary and 10% said traditional and sleek and another 10% said modern. Only 10% said they wanted their wedding flowers to be formal and elegant. No wonder when I meet with brides we need to narrow down our "look and feel"!!
- 90% of the bride that took the survey had not yet chosen a florist and a full 60% planned on booking their florist between 1 - 3 months from the time they took the survey.