Weekend Wedding Consultations

Ah, the age old question - do you schedule wedding consultations on the weekends? Well, maybe it's not that old a question but for those of us who run small floral shops (yes, even though I have 20 employees, we are still small) it's always tough to be in two places at once. I love meeting with brides and I reserve that  job to me and only me. Why just me, the owner? First off, I love meeting the brides. Secondly, I feel that for all the things we do in the shop, weddings are an area that truly can make or break our reputation. You only get one chance to do a great job for a wedding and after 22 years in the business, I'm just not willing to delegate that job to anyone but me. My talent is reaching into a brides mind and extracting her floral taste, even if she does not know she has one. On her wedding day I want her to feel that I not only listened to her but that I became one with her and created exactly what she would love.

Now back to the question. Yes, we do wedding consultations on weekends but not if we have multiple weddings to set up. My job is to not only meet with brides, type their details, order their flowers, make sure the flowers are designed correctly (with the help of my dynamic design team) but also to make sure the flowers are delivered and set up timely and correctly. That's no easy feat to accomplish and throw in a brand new bride who would like a consultation during a busy wedding season Saturday and WOW! You have enough to make any florists head explode.

I know I sometimes get potential brides angry with me because I might not be able to meet with them on just the weekend they want but or they may have to wait for an available Saturday appointment but as I'm fond of telling them - "If you choose me to do your wedding, don't you want me making sure your wedding flowers are perfect instead of meeting with a new bride"?  I ask them to decide. At my shop you get me, the owner. It's not always convenient but if I may be so bold, I think I'm worth the wait.

Comments

I agree with you 100%! I also do all my own wedding consultations for the very same reasons.

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Flower Puppy

What is a Grave Blanket?

All of Your Prom Corsage and Boutonniere Questions- Answered!