Society of American Florist Conference 2010

Sorry, long time - no blog!! I had the honor of being included in a panel discussion at the SAF conference this past week in Orlando Florida. What fun and I sincerely hope that the florists in attendance enjoyed the discussion. My partners in crime were Rick from Exotic Flowers in Boston, Mass and Mandy from Hothouse Design Studio in Birmingham, Alabama. We spoke on the use of Social Media in the Floral Industry.   As you may know, I serve on the advisory committee for Floral Management Magazine and it was my opportunity to meet my fellow adviser's and all the writers and editors of the magazine. 

Kevin and I especially enjoyed the Outstanding Varieties Display at the Conference. This room was filled with amazing flowers of all shapes, sizes and colors. It's wonderful to see all the new varieties being created! For my buddy Rick who had to actually judge these flowers, I have no idea how you could choose one over the other. They were all amazing!

This new variety of red roses were amazing. Perhaps they will be for sale in our shop very soon? Too bad that this blog does not include "smell - a - vision".

The demand for gerbera daisies remain strong and it was wonderful to see these new colors. I think the brides will love all these new options when planning their weddings!  

A highlight for us was the Presidents dinner. Can you imagine a formal event being attended by the floral industry elite, decorated by some of the most talented floral designers in the country? Well, you don't have to imagine it, because here it is!

The garlands of orchids are not in every one's budget but a florist can dream, can't she?

A wonderful conference and a wonderful end with the Presidents Dinner. The Society of American Florists is a 126 year old organization representing growers, wholesalers and retail florists. For more information on this amazing organization visit them online at www.safnow.org or www.aboutflowers.com

Comments

Unknown said…
The red rose is beautiful! Do you happen to know the name of the variety?
Georgianne (and Kevin), You guys rock. I'm so thrilled to have gotten to spend quality time with you. I was so impressed on your vast know-how in running a floral business. I look forward to our collaborations in the future. Regards, Renato
Thanks Renato, we really had fun spending time with you and learned so much. Rose name....I will try to find out. There were so many beautiful ones I was overwhelmed and don't remember! Sorry Marsha!

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Flower Puppy

All of Your Prom Corsage and Boutonniere Questions- Answered!

What is a Grave Blanket?