Show Me the.....

Show me the .... I'll bet you thought I was going to say money, right? Actually, I'm talking about what I ask my brides to show me when they come in to the wedding consultations. I ask them to show me:
  1. A picture that shows me what color they want their wedding flowers to be.
  2. A picture that shows me what texture they want their wedding flower to have.
  3. A picture that show me how big they want their bouquets to be.
I've been known to give my brides homework if they come unpreppared with the following but truly, it's time well spent. A picture is worth a 1,000 words (or so they say) and the above three pictures really say it all to me when trying to create wedding bouquets.

What color do you want your flowers to be? You'd think that would be a simple question but some brides really struggle with this. I try to advise but truthfully, I want the color to not only match dresses and overall theme but also be a color that makes the bride (and groom) happy. Pick colors that make you happy and most likely you'll be happy with them!

What texture do you want them to have? This concept can be harder for people but actually the texture just shows me the overall shape and feel the flowers should have. Texture wishes and desires tell me what flowers to put together to actually create the bouquets. The more flowers of different shapes and sizes, the more texture the bouquet has. Round, soft flowers, or pointy line like flowers? Pictures really help me to create the perfect bouquets and zero in on what you want much quicker. Why waste time, right?

Lastly, how big do you want the bouquets to be? A close up picture of a bouquet is wonderful to show texture or color but is not as helpful to show size. I see a close up of a bouquet and I can tell how large the bouquet is but can the bride tell? Most often, the answer is no. I get brides tell me all the time, I want my bouquet smaller than this but when you look at a close up of any flower or bouquet, they all look huge! A nice shot of bride holding a bouquet that is the perfect size for you, is what I want to see.

Comments

Sprout said…
YEEEESSSSS!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Flower Puppy

What is a Grave Blanket?

All of Your Prom Corsage and Boutonniere Questions- Answered!