Sending Sympathy

When you think about flowers at a funeral do they make you feel sad? Think again about attending a funeral and not seeing any flowers? Now to me, that would be really sad. Flowers are such a caring and thoughtful way to not only pay your respects but help to celebrate the life of the person who has died. This sympathy piece was delivered this morning for the service of a wonderful man sent by his Niece.

I love this piece because not only is it very beautiful, it also shows the person in life, the way he should be remembered. The family said he was a religious man and what a wonderful way to celebrate his life and his faith. Colorful and expressive, the flowers really showcase the photo and I'm sure this piece will not only be admired by everyone in attendance but will be remembered by the family for years to come.

Not sure what to send to a service? How about all white flowers in a clear glass vase? Another option that is a bit different is sending a plant or dishgarden. These are so pretty for the service but then can be enjoyed by the family afterwards. I remember years ago delivering a dishgarden to a service when my friends father passed away. For years afterward she would tell me how her plants were doing, how she had transplanted them and now had 5 or 6 plants all from that one tiny dish garden. Talk about a gift that gets remembered!!

Sympathy pieces don't need to be big to have a big impact. When my sister-in-law lost her dad last May, I sent a vase of all deep blue hybrid delphinium from Kevin and I. Those flowers not only looked amazing at the service, many people came over to ask me what they were and to tell me how gorgeous they were. The flowers at right are far from plain even though they were all white. Calla lilies, hydrangea, snapdragons and roses!  I doubt the family will leave these behind. Ask any floral designer and most will tell you that they get a tremendous amount of self-satisfaction from creating sympathy displays. These flowers can be so heartfelt and we are honored to be the ones creating that final tribute.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Flower Puppy

All of Your Prom Corsage and Boutonniere Questions- Answered!

What is a Grave Blanket?