Working With Your Spouse


People ask me what it's like working with my husband. It's funny how many variations of this "question" I get. For example, the timeless "How on Earth do you work with your husband"? That's a positive one! "Do you sometimes want to kill each other?" is my personal favorite. For the most part, it works out fine and no, most days we don't want to kill each other. The best part is when we go home at night there is no need to ask how each others day was, because we already know!

As he calls me, I'm the creative "visionary" that spends the money and he's the accountant, or "pain in the neck" that keeps me on a budget. For the most part, it's all good.


Can spouses work together? I believe so, especially if they each bring something different to the table. He stays in his area and I stay in mine and we only tangle in each others space when absolutely necessary. As a management team I play the role of "Your father is going to kill you when he gets home" and he plays the role of "Did you give your mother a hard time today"? For the most part, unless the staff start pitting us against each other, these roles are fitting.

We laugh, we yell and sometimes we even cry but for now, I would not have it anyother way because we are in it together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Flower Puppy

All of Your Prom Corsage and Boutonniere Questions- Answered!

What is a Grave Blanket?