It's All in the Details!

Whenever I do a wedding consultation, one of the elements I'm always sure to discuss is the process of tagging all the flowers for my brides and grooms. This insures that not only is there no confusion about whose flowers are whose but also helps us to make sure that each floral is delivered to the correction location.
How we do this is we e-mail each Bride a questionnaire for them to fill out and send back to us. There we ask for all contact information such as day of cells, wedding planner information, drop time desired, banquet hall and church contacts, etc. Then there is a place where we ask to the Bride and Groom to name each person in the wedding that is either wearing or holding a flower. Not only does this include bridal bouquets but also boutonnieres, corsages, etc. Lastly, we ask for this list to be broken down by drop off location. Most Brides forget that they may need their bouquets at one location for pictures and the gentlemen flowers might need to go directly to church! Names on each avoids confusion and getting it to the church on time avoids disappointment!
Well you can imagine my surprise the other a few nights ago when a Mother of the Bride mention to me that when her first daughter had gotten married, they had to go in search of the bouquets! They had been left in a buck of water behind the altar of the church! Nothing was presented to them, nothing was tagged, it wasn't even in a place where the bride was going to be, which was dressing in the church bridal suite!!
Well, that's not how we do things and I'm so glad we don't. Not only does it make for much happier Brides to have everything elegantly vased and tagged, it also makes for wonderful photos!!

I'm always fond of telling people that I am all about the details but even though it might seem a bit obsessive sometimes, it really is best to err on the side of caution. Head of a problem before it becomes one, that's my motto and it's served me well for over 20 years of business!! It's all in the details, the details of I do!!

To view more of our wedding details visit our wedding website at www.perfectweddingflowers.com

Comments

great idea would you share the form you send to the brides with me??

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Flower Puppy

What is a Grave Blanket?

All of Your Prom Corsage and Boutonniere Questions- Answered!