Calling All Waitresses!!



Ok, I want to start off by saying that I have the utmost respect for anyone who waits tables for a living. The closest I ever got to doing that kind of work was my 6 month stint at a Dunkin Donuts my summer before College. Thank goodness I found my calling in Entrepreneurship and being a Floral Designer because I was not good at it!

Why am I calling all Waitresses (and not waiters for that matter)? It's because yesterday while reading an issue of Floral Management I read about a study that was done back in the 80's that showed that waitresses that wore a flower in their hair earned 17% more in tips than those who did not. So, that explains why I did not include the men in this blog but that really got me to thinking about the true power of flowers.


Our very own Shop Coordinator Sheryl often tucks a flower behind her ear while working and darn if it doesn't just make me want to hug her. There's something about a girl who feels care-free enough to risk looking silly by tucking a big old Gerber daisy behind their ear. Whenever Sheryl does it, I notice that I can't talk to her without smiling. The power of flowers really hits home, even to someone like me who is surrounded with them daily.

I've also noticed more girl asking for flowers for their hair for Prom and even Weddings. What a wonderful trend. Since the beginning of time flowers have been a natural adornment for special occasions but aren't they nice for everyday too. Just think, if you are a waitress, it just might mean a little extra spending money and who could ask for more!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Flower Puppy

What is a Grave Blanket?

All of Your Prom Corsage and Boutonniere Questions- Answered!