My Favorite Place


Ah, Mother's Day is over. I love the holiday because it's not only good for business but it's good for the soul. Delivering lots of gorgeous flowers to deserving mothers, what could be better?

Today was a day for me to catch up in the office. I'm totally beat and so far behind on doing all my wedding flowers proposals, answering emails and order flowers for June and July wedding. It felt good to sit at my desk and plow through folder after folder.

For the fun of it I went onto my Facebook page being I had not been there in over three days. I love connecting with friends, family and old high school buddies. It's fun to see pictures of their kids and even (dare I admit) grandkids! At the top of the page it always asks what you wants on your mind. I notice I usually am saying the same thing over and over - I'm in the office, I'm at work or I'm at home having a glass of wine. How boring - huh!
Today when I looked at that Facebook Status block asking me what was on my mind, I said the usual. I'm digging out my desk. A few minutes later, as I stared at those words, "What's on Your Mind" the first thing that I thought of was that I wish I was in Tuscany. I'm only 1/4 Italian but Italy is really my heart. I've been to there three times and I could go back over and over.
Just the other day my husband asked me if I had any particular wants or wishes for a summer vacation and I almost blurted "I want to go to Italy" but I know that's not going to happen, so I gave him a very demure "Can I think about it for a while?". The truth is I want to go to Italy. I want to stay in a villa up in the mountains, next to olive groves and grape vines and drink wine in St. Marks Square as I listen to the orchestras play. Even now, I'm feeling homesick. How funny is that?

Well, a girl can dream right? So for now, I'll look longingly at my pictures and hope that someday soon, I can go back to my favorite place. Bella Italia, it's good for my soul.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Flower Puppy

What is a Grave Blanket?

All of Your Prom Corsage and Boutonniere Questions- Answered!