A Garden Wedding...

I met Ava and Harry one night quite a few months ago to talk about their vision for their wedding. Almost 3 hours later I felt like I had a clear picture of what they wanted their wedding flowers to look like. I also felt like I had known them forever. We really had a nice time talking about flowers, work and life. It's amazing how brides and grooms come and go but there is a piece of each one left behind inside of me when the wedding day is over.
I was especially excited to do their wedding because Ava wanted us to create a cascade bouquet for her. I love hand tied bouquets but truth be told we do so many of them, it's more challenging to do a good, old fashioned bridal bouquet. My prediction is that we'll be seeing more and more cascades. The same weekend we did Harry and Ava's wedding we did two others and 2 out of three brides choose a cascade style bouquet, so it seems to be a trend that is picking up momentum. Ava's beautiful bouquet was very simple but so striking. Deep red roses in two different shades, one a Tea Rose and the other a Sweetheart. Orange alstroemeria with accents of elegant ruscus and ivy trails were the only other elements used to create the look Ava wanted.

The floral centerpieces were simple, assorted flowers in low dishes done in oranges, reds and accents of purple. Asiatic lilies, astroemeria, roses, statice and assorted foliages such as seeded euc and ruscus create a lush and full look. Similar flowers were used on the ceremony chairs and gazebo along with accents on the offset square wedding cake.

Another beautiful wedding!! Special thanks go to my Design Coordinator, Dianne (especially for the amazing cascade bouquet) for another great job and to my Event Coordinator David who set the whole wedding up by himself. To see more pictures of our recent weddings visit our wedding website at http://www.perfectweddingflowers.com/ !

Comments

Dênver L. C. said…
Hi! Very cool you blog!
Good pictures!
Visite my blog, please:
http://blogtografico.blogspot.com/

A big hug!

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Flower Puppy

What is a Grave Blanket?

All of Your Prom Corsage and Boutonniere Questions- Answered!