We Survived and Business Was Blooming!

Well, the holiday is over and it was an eventful week. First, I scared the heck out of my staff by fainting at the shop on Monday. After a scary ride in an ambulance and a less than perfect nights stay in the hospital (I would have been more rested sleeping on the floor of the flower shop) I was released back into the watchful eyes of my husband and staff on Wednesday.

I'm also proud to announce that we did over 720 deliveries in about 3 days!! Not as many as last year (just over 800 last year) but considering that the holiday fell on a Saturday this year, we were tickled pink! All our hard work on marketing the business and attention to customer service really has paid off.



We also designed, delivered and set up two gorgeous weddings on Valentine's Day. Mary Beth and Leah were the most adorable brides and absolutely loved everything (much to my delight). Leah's wedding was fun, earthy and funky using all blue hydrangea, green hypericum berries and brown gerbers! Natural river stones and curly willow accent the flowers in both the tall and low centerpieces.

Mary Beth's wedding flowers were more soft and romantic. We created beautiful bouquets of Cool Water, Vendella and Candy Bianca roses. The centerpieces were absolutely amazing and looks so elegant at Knowlton Mansion in Philly. Ceramic urns filled with mint, sweet geranium foliage, open cut roses, seeded euc, hydrangea and other billowing flowers in pale pink, lavender, greens and ivory might just be my favorite combination so far this year.

As I sit at my desk, recapping the holiday, clearing off my desk and catching up on the "non" floral side of the business, I'm very pleased indeed. We survived the holiday and business was blooming. What more can a girl ask for!! Thanks to each and everyone of my employees and husband. I could not do it without you and you make it truly fun. Oh and a special thanks to Plainsboro Rescue Squad who came to me when I needed them. See? You did earn those complimentary floral centerpieces that we did for you on January 31st for your Volunteer dinner. Last, but not least, a sincere thank you to my nurses Melissa, Ria and Sue who undoubtedly know more than the doctors. I don't know how you do what you do, day in and day out. I don't think I've ever met 3 more caring and knowledgeable women in one day in my whole life. You ladies rock!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Flower Puppy

What is a Grave Blanket?

All of Your Prom Corsage and Boutonniere Questions- Answered!