Is Valentine's Day Here Again?

You know how they say the older you get, the faster time seems so go? That is certainly true for me. I can't believe it's February already and it's another Valentine's Day holiday around the corner. As a florist, I have a love, hate relationship with this holiday but truthfully, it's more of a love these days, than a hate. Why you ask? It's because after so many years of coordinating the business during busy times, it seems like each year it gets a bit easier and easier. Remember that line from "You've Got Mail" where David Chapell's character tells Tom Hanks - "It's a well oiled machine my friend". That's the way I feel about my business. Each of us have become so good at what we do that each detail is carefully orchestrated and executed. A well oiled machine indeed!!

I remember in years past going to bed at 3 or 4 am only to have to get up again at 5 or 6 to drive back to the shop. It's been years since we've even had to work as late as 10 pm on the night before a holiday. Most of that has to do with the way we organize ourselves after years of learning the hard way. It's also takes years of building up a network of friends, family and past employees who come in to lend a hand during busy times.


And so, I can really appreciate the fun aspects of this holiday. We deliver extremely fresh product, hand crafted and hand delivered at a reasonable cost, in a timely fashion, sold by a team of fun loving, caring and customer service oriented staff. So, it might get stressful and maybe the sales won't be as strong as we might like with this silly recession going on, but to me, all will be right with the world. Our motto is "Let us help you send someone a smile" and by golly, we're doing just that! What more can a business owner ask for?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great!! Red roses are my first choice as Valentines Day gift...
Anonymous said…
Georgianne,

I hope you guys send many smiles this Valentines Day. Sounds like you are well prepared.

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Flower Puppy

All of Your Prom Corsage and Boutonniere Questions- Answered!

What is a Grave Blanket?