The Shop....It's Cute!!


About a month ago I was doing my usual buzzing around the shop and noticed a few people browsing. I greeted each with a "Hello" and a "Is anyone helping you yet?". Each told me they were being helped and I did not doubt it as all my employees were hard at work wrapping bouquets and bagging gift items. It's what I love about retail! That whole, I'm here, I need help and I need it now. I find it so stimulating!

One woman, as I greeted her said "This place is amazing". She had this look on her face, her head was moving up and down, left and right and her eyes almost looked wild. I became alarmed!! What did she mean? Amazing good or amazing bad? I was almost afraid to ask but I said "Is that a good thing?" and she was like - "oh yes, this place is amazing". I had to ask further, "In what way" and she went on to tell me that she couldn't believe the selection of product we carried, how many employees were flitting here and there and also the level of customer service we had. I was so happy! What a wonderful thing to say. I told her thank you for the compliment, wished her a Merry Christmas and asked her to remember us again the next time she needed flowers or a gift. As I left the retail area to go back into the flower production room she said "I will be back".

To say that I was giddy from seeing someone love my shop so much would be an understatement. As soon as the floral designer that had been helping her was finished, I asked what she had bought. I was so proud to hear that why this woman was so impressed with our shop was, she was in a bind, she had a gift and was going to party but needed it wrapped quickly. "I told her that I would wrap it for her, no charge, just remember us the next time you need flowers" is what my designer had told her. In the meantime, she had picked out a card to buy. My chest filled with pride!! My employees get it!! It's not about making a profit on every potential customer. It's about helping them out and making them life long customer. I mean, we sell wrapping paper but we also have large rolls of wrap kept handy. What was easier for this customer? Sell her the wrap, make her go out to her car to wrap it without a scissor or tape or just wrap it for her?

Fast forward to early January. Christmas is all put away, Valentine's day displays are up. The shop has once again been completely changed over and Sheryl, my retail coordinator, asks me to walk the shop and check it out. She wants to make sure I like the way everything looks. I walk around, using the eyes of someone who may be seeing the shop for the first time and I'm impressed. Sometimes I think I take for granted what a cute shop I have or how nice my employees display our products. I notice that it's completely clean, all the mirrors are sparkling, the shelving dust free. The coolers are filled with a huge selection of flower arrangements in lots of sizes, shapes and price ranges. It's just adorable!!

I'm reminded how important it is too look at your business with a fresh pair of eyes and thank goodness, for mine it all looks good! And so, for those who have never seen my shop, a little scrap book of our displays and product for your viewing pleasure! Lastly, thank you to my wonderful employees who love their job enough to treat the shop as if it were their very own.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Flower Puppy

What is a Grave Blanket?

All of Your Prom Corsage and Boutonniere Questions- Answered!