Monday Morning Flowers and Sending Smiles

Lots of people ask me the same question when they first meet me and find out the name of my business. That question is "where did the name Monday Morning Flower and Balloon come from". Well, I don't blame them, even I know it's sort of a strange name, a catchy one but a bit unusual for a flower shop.

Ok, so here goes, this is where the name came from. I was working another business (Mrs. V's Cleaning Service) and I was beginning to realize that cleaning houses was pretty hard work. I was feeling like I needed more of a challenge so I thought starting another business might be a good idea. I went to the bookstore and found a book of "easy to start" businesses and in there I found one called "Monday Morning Flower Shop". The idea of this business would be to offer delivery of flowers to corporate offices for their lobby on Mondays. So that is exactly what I did and being the creative person that I am, I just used that name. Monday Morning Flowers. As time went on I started doing balloon event decorating and so I added "And Balloon" into the name. Honestly, with such an uncreative start naming my business, it's amazing that I have survived as long as I have.

The second thing that people often ask is "where did the send someone a smile motto come from"? That one happened by chance. A sales person from a local newspaper was trying to help me design an add to advertise my balloon bouquets. My logo was pretty boring at that time and showed a flower cart, which did little to represent the balloons I was trying to advertise. In my struggle to come up with something, I showed her a clip art of a smiley face that had arms and legs. Those were pretty popular balloons and smiley faces were coming back into style and so "Send Someone a Smile" was born. We used that as our tag line in that tiny newspaper ad and I liked it so much I used it more and more over the years. Anyone that has ever seen our delivery vans know that "Send Someone a Smile" is always printed on the doors.

So there you have it!! The mystery is solved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Flower Puppy

What is a Grave Blanket?

All of Your Prom Corsage and Boutonniere Questions- Answered!