To Spend or Not to Spend... that is the question

Well, you can't turn on the TV or the radio without hearing about the state of our economy. It's all a bit scary to be sure. As a business owner, it's even a bit more scary than usual (being in business for oneself is always scary, trust me on that). You want to invest in your company, buy new product, hire new people but there's that little bit of nagging doubt in the back of your mind that says "hold off, wait and see what happens".


Over the last 20 years, I've been through quite a few economic downturns. One thing that I have noticed is that if you stay the course and don't roll over and play dead, you come out on the backside stronger than when you went in. I've also noticed that my industry seems to do well when money gets tight. You might wonder why that it is but it's actually pretty simple. Flowers make people feel good and all things considered, they are pretty inexpensive. When people can't buy that new refrigerator or that new car, they just might buy themselves some flowers. If your spouse can't buy you that new bracelet he just might be able to convey his love for you with a dozen roses sent to your office for the whole company to see! Nothing wrong with that, right? Not to mention that whole convenient concept of "Same Day Delivery"! How many times has that come in handy when you have forgotten a birthday or big anniversary? Yup, my industry is pretty great!



So with that in mind, I am going out on a limb. I'm going to invest in that new product line, I'm going to spend a ton on advertising and I'm NOT going to be laying off employees. As a matter of fact, I'll be looking for additional ones. I am ready, willing and able to serve, 7 days a week. I am florist, hear me roar!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Flower Puppy

What is a Grave Blanket?

All of Your Prom Corsage and Boutonniere Questions- Answered!