The Emotion of Color

Have you ever noticed how a color can affect you? I've noticed that what is pleasing to one person could be a total downer for another. For example, I love the colors in this bouquet. When I see them they make me feel happy and calm and everything warm and fuzzy.

Recently I was helping a family to choose some sympathy flowers and they really wanted lots of color. When discussing what exact colors they liked together, when I mentioned blues or purples, they expressed that they did not want any purple or blue because to them, they were very morose. Wow, what a strong, negative word for a color that makes me happy. It just goes to prove a point. A color that would be seen as positive for one could be seen as a negative to another.

When buying flowers for yourself, choose flowers in colors that make you happy and remind you of fond memories. When buying flowers as a gift take clues from what color car they drive or clothes they wear. Let's face it, colors have played important roles in both religion and culture for years. But hey, that sounds like a whole other blog post, don't you think? :o)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Flower Puppy

What is a Grave Blanket?

All of Your Prom Corsage and Boutonniere Questions- Answered!