Walking the Flower Fields of California

I can't believe that it's been over 2 months since my trip to California to visit flower farms and I have not yet blogged about it. Forgive me blog readers as I have sinned!! Oh my gosh, what a trip is was and in a perfect world I would tell you about each and every farm, but as I do not live in a perfect world, a world with extra time on my hands soI'm going to give you a quick snap shot of our trip. First off, I need to thank my wholesaler Delaware Valley Wholesale who completely paid for this amazing trip. Well, I guess I technically won the trip but either way, I'm grateful to Tim, John and everyone at Delaware Valley Wholesale. Kevin and I traveled with some wonderful folks from DV and other Floral shops! Here we are at the beginning of our trip and no, there are no flowers but what a wonderful way to start the trip with a visit to the Pacific ocean. Yup, that's me front and center with my amazing hubby behind me. 
Now it would take just too long to show you every thing we saw but needless to say, we saw amazing flowers, grown sometimes under tarps and other times right out in the amazing California sunshine. Below is a hoop greenhouse filled with amazing snapdragons! 
ahhh haa! I'll bet you did know they were that big but this photo really shows these amazing blooms! 
Here I'm taking pictures of the most amazing freesia. I wish this was a blog that let you smell the heavenly aroma of this amazing fresh flower. 

Each farm visit completed the tour by showing us the picking and packing area. At this farm the product comes along a moving belts and the packers grade and package the flowers, in this case, long stem roses. 
For me it wouldn't be a California Farm Trip without visiting Ocean View Farms and getting to wear those cool vests! Owner John is afraid we'll get hit with a tractor or something but I think he just loves seeing beautiful women and handsome men wearing bright orange. 
And my personal favorite was Professor Orchid (I believe his real name was John) who taught us everything we ever wanted to know about creating amazing new varieties of orchids!  
Yup, those are amazing right?  
Mother's Day corsages in the making! 
and more orchids... 
and more orchids.... boy that Professor orchid knows what he's doing, right?  
And then they take you here! Wowsie! 
We even visited a Gladiolus Farm and saw lots and lots of bulbs. 
Seriously, they had millions and millions of bulbs!  
Which then grow into these beauties. Amazing right? 
And in between seeing flowers we saw these cute little guys (did I say little? Um, not so much) at the Emu Farm. Aren't they cute? 
Watch your fingers! 
Then we saw more flowers.... 
Then we saw this....
And ate here! 
The next morning I saw this....
Between seeing this.... 
and then I saw this - Wow, roses everywhere!!  
Yup, I had to get in there.  
and wow, more and more.  
Then we saw this.... 
Which led to this..... 
and then we saw where they start! Acres and acres of greenhouses with gerbera daisies as far as the eye can see.  
And after that we saw this.... 
and then I did this!  
and then I posed for this....

and so did Kevin!  
and then I posed for this... 
and everyone enjoyed the wind and the sun... 
and finally we arrived here. Yup, the Queen Mary but don't worry we did not see any ghosts.  
Ok, so there you have it, my trip to California in mid March to see Flower Farms. Did you enjoy it as much as I did? Do you know where your flowers come from? If you buy yours from Monday Morning Flowers many of the blooms you would get come from these very farms. I hope you enjoyed my "very fast" recap!! I'd love to know what you think!! 











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Flower Puppy

What is a Grave Blanket?

All of Your Prom Corsage and Boutonniere Questions- Answered!