A Real Beach Wedding

Oh my goodness, the line of brides in and out of our shop has been constant (and a bit overwhelming if I'm truly honest)! I predict that our wedding calendar is going to book up faster than any other year since I started doing weddings 20 years ago. On one hand, I'm flattered because it means the word out on the street is that we do a great job with our wedding designs - offer beautiful flowers, fair pricing and excellent service. Wow, I patted myself so hard on the back and knocked myself off my chair! Just kidding.
On to the topic listed above - A Real Beach Wedding. The other night I met with past bride Jodi and her friend Jackie to talk about her October wedding. I admit, I was a bit more snippy than usual and I'm going to admit that I probably had put in too long a day, with too little food and water and the tail end of a horrible cold dragging me down. Sorry Jodi and Jackie!! But how sweet was it to come in the next morning to see in my email, sent that night at 10:30 pm, pictures that Jodi realized she never shared with me from her wedding 5 years ago. I wanted to share so here you go - A Real Beach Wedding from May, 2007. Enjoy!!
 I loved the colors of the brides maids bouquet, cymbidium orchids, lavender roses and light blue hydrangea. What a lovely color theme for a Mother's Day weekend wedding at the beach.
 How cute it this? A touch of flowers for the Mother of the Brides purse. Love it!
 There she is, the beautiful bride Jodi (who looks just as pretty 5 years later). Putting in a good word about our wedding flowers to her friend Jackie just makes me happy, happy, happy because we live for referrals.
 I don't have confirmation but I believe this is Jodi's handsome hubby. I have to admit, I have a soft spot for these photos of the boys carrying the girls flowers. Not sure why but I do!
 Jodi is an extremely talented baker. She not only made her very own 4 tiered wedding cake, she backed and decorated three small wedding cakes for each guest table. Propped up on adorable tins (at three different heights) they really gave the guests something to savor with their eyes until their time came to eat them!
 What a sweet flower girl with her kissing ball of hydrangea and stephanotis. She looks like a little princess....
The bouquets in waiting. It hardly seems like 5 years ago that we did Jodi's wedding but she has assured me it's so. What a sweet gesture to send me these photos and bring me her "engaged" friends. It's times that these that I have to step back, slow down and enjoy the fruits of my labor. The door maybe revolving quickly with brides but it's a testiment to our passion, creativity and work ethic and today was just the day I needed to realize that!!

To see this more of our wedding designs visit our website at www.perfectweddingflowers.com or our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/localflorist

Comments

Megan said…
Gorgeous bouquets! Great job. Love the choice of colors.

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Flower Puppy

All of Your Prom Corsage and Boutonniere Questions- Answered!

What is a Grave Blanket?