Flowers After Hours

We hope you all had a fantastic Christmas. For us it was a busy time in the shop, lots of hours working but lots of laughs too. Have Christmas Day off from the shop was so wonderful for the hubby and I. Slept in a bit later than usual, had a nice breakfast and then what did we do??? We hopped in the car for our annual trek out to Longwood Gardens so that we could be surrounded once again with flowers!

Nobody does Christmas like Longwood Gardens and this year was no exception. Gingerbread cookies were the theme throughout and what an amazing display it was!
Everywhere you looks there was lush foliage and poinsettias!
My personal favorite area is the orchid room. With so many orchids growing up the wall in every color of the rainbow. These orange ones were one of my personal favorites but can you really have a favorite when you faced with such loveliness?
Hehehe, this one makes me laugh. When I see him I see a smiling mouth, a funny little nose and huge eyebrows. Andy Rooney, is that you?
It's hard to believe that this amazing flower is real, isn't it? I loved the colors with all it's shading. How perfect.
Here's me in the Herb area. I loved this herb wreath with it's parsley, sages, oregano and pops of red kalanchoes.
On to the succulents and bromeliads. I loved this plant but for the life of can't remember it's name. Can you believe those colors?
Just a touch of the tropics, this lone Bird of Paradise was blooming so vibrantly!
On to the rose house... ah my favorite flower in the whole world. Not as many roses were blooming as last year at this time but gorgeous never the less!
This is my favorite photo of the day. Just next to the roses are the hibiscus. I love these flowers so much with their vibrant huge headed flowers. Too bad we can't use these blooms in wedding designs. Sorry Brides, they only bloom for a day and then they are gone. Not a good choice for your wedding day!
This was my favorite color theme of the day. These grayish coleus plants with pops of chocolate brown undersides mixed among light pink kalanchoe....... wow, can't you image that as a wedding color theme?
Wow, don't you want these in your back yard? Pink cyclamen, white kolanchoes, blue salvia and pink poinsettias... so lovely, soft and romantic, don't you think?
Christmas trees were everywhere, decorated in natural greens and ginger bread. Longwood Gardens is one of the most magical places to me. The perfect way to spend my day away from the Flower Shop! I hope you enjoyed the photos as much as I enjoyed taking them! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Flower Puppy

What is a Grave Blanket?

All of Your Prom Corsage and Boutonniere Questions- Answered!