Choosing Table Linen Colors


Here's a photo of an after wedding (the couple got married in Jamaica) reception that we set up yesterday. I don't know about you but I was so happy to find out that the couple were actually going to be able to choose a linen color. In our area, most banquet halls, country clubs and the like only offer ivory or white and so unless budget allows, many of my clients need to stick to those two options. Personally, I love what a colored linen can do for a room, especially with regards to complimenting the flowers.

In this case, the bride and groom asked me my opinion on what linen color they should do and I was happy to advise them. One option was a deep orange but that shade was very overpowering and more of a "fall" orange than a summer tangerine. There was also a hot pink and that color was a bit too much and I feared it would have overpowered the brightly colored flowers they wanted. Another choice was a deep plum purple that I really loved but they were a bit fearful of going to dark. The one color they had not considered was this light lavender and as you can see, it really made the flowers pop. I liked that it was still in the same tone family but I thought it gave a nicer look than a light pink, which is so commonly used.

The lesson here? If they give you an option of a colored linen at no additional charge, don't be afraid to choose one. White and ivory is safe but just the right shade goes a long way to customizing your overall event! Would you agree?

Comments

Great advice! this is also true of tent weddings. All white just makes those tables look like they are floating! A colour will add weight to the table and drama/personality to the tent! I love organza overlay's for the brides who are not as brave but want to add something different!
Thanks for your posting!

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Flower Puppy

All of Your Prom Corsage and Boutonniere Questions- Answered!

What is a Grave Blanket?