Why You Should Hire a Talented Florist...

Have you ever tried to spin a clay pot? Remember art class where you sat there just trying to get that clay to turn into something of beauty? If you are like me, the clay fought me every step of the way and never was much to look at! I'm the same way with paint. I marvel at how someone can take that little colorful liquid and turn it into an amazing landscape or portrait.

Well, the same holds true for flowers in the hands of truly gifted artist. Believe me, I've seen designers come and go through my shop doors who think they have talent but are unable to really craft the flowers the way they should. Even with talent someone needs lots of practice and design instruction to really create beautiful floral displays and bouquets. Don't forget, flowers are not only delicate but they are perishable. Working with flowers means that they must be kept cool and can't be done too far in advance. Transportation? Wow, that's a whole other thing. I don't know about you but the week of my wedding, I don't want to be worried about my flowers!

I know for me, I'm very particular about what flower designers I hire to work here at the shop. Even then, I'm selective about which aspects of wedding design I have them work on. Why? Because a designer that is wonderful at hand tied bouquets might not be good at detailed corsage work. I'm so grateful to all my talented staff of designers as we create gorgeous floral designs for 100 weddings each year. They truly love what they do and I would not want to do it without them. Hire a professional florist for your wedding? It's the smart thing to do!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Flower Puppy

What is a Grave Blanket?

All of Your Prom Corsage and Boutonniere Questions- Answered!